Loddon Town Council has eleven Councillors. If you are interested in becoming a Councillor, please check the eligibility criteria that is set out below. If you wish to apply, the application form is available here, or please contact the Clerk.
There are several Working Parties within the Council. The membership and leader of each working party is available to view here on the website. The working party Terms of Reference policy is available to view here.
Councillor's Declaration of Interests can also be viewed on South Norfolk District Council's website.
ROLE OF A COUNCILLOR
A councillor is a member of the council and is normally elected for a term of four years. People of any political or religious persuasion are eligible to become a councillor for Loddon, although their personal, political views should not extend into their parish council work.
Becoming a Town Councillor is a rewarding and valued form of public service. All councillors contribute to the work of the Council by:
Having a say about the things they care about
Putting forward ideas for better services
Responding to the needs and views of parishioners
Seeking the best outcome to local issues
Getting involved in decision making
Helping to make Loddon a better place to live!
Please contact the clerk if you are interested in finding out more.
Eligibility to become a Parish Councillor
Am I eligible to be a Parish Councillor?
To stand for election on a parish council, you must:
· be a UK or commonwealth citizen, or;
· be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland,
· be a least 18 years old.
To be eligible to stand for an election for a particular parish, you must:
· be an elector of the parish, or;
· for the whole of the previous 12 months have occupied (as owner or tenant) land or other premises in the parish, or;
· during the previous 12 months have worked in the parish (as your principal or only place of work), or;
· for the whole of the previous 12 months lived in the parish or within three miles of the parish boundary.
District and County Councillors
South Norfolk District Councillors